Motorcamp & Campground
Mangaweka Adventure Co offers 2 options of camping, both are run from the main office at Awastone.
Awastone - Option 1
Awastone is the quality edition to our camping experience. It is located at 143 Ruahine Rd, Mangaweka just after the Mangaweka Bridge and acts as the main office for both campgrounds.
As this camp is on private land with heaps of bird life, we ask that you leave your pets at home or alternatively, they are welcome at Mangaweka Campgrounds across the Mangaweka Bridge.
- The hot showers and complimentary wifi are all inclusive with your nightly rate.
- The full kitchen is cosy, so feel free to relax here instead of your camper.
- The washing machine is free to use, keeping in mind to bring $5 for the dryer.
- Please keep in mind we do not have a dump station - either Taihape or Hunterville are the closest.
Bookings and Payment
You can pay either cash, eftpos or credit. Ring toll free or email us to book your space. Essential in the busy holiday periods.
- Powered Sites
$38 per site / per night based on 2 adults
$10pp / per night for each extra adult
$5pp / per night for children under 16yrs
Read Mangaweka Camping on the official Tourism NZ website.
The Mangaweka Campground - Option 2
Mangaweka Campground is a truly unique kiwi camping experience. It is
set along the Rangitikei River on 3 levels with easy options for camping
with or without power.
It is a back to basics campground. So sorry no booking available. This camp works on a first in - first serve basis.
When you arrive please register first, directly to Awastone, located on the first left after the bridge. We except cash or eftpos.
Showers and Facilities
- The showers are coin operated. $2 for a 5 minute hot shower. The toilets are flushing.
- There is a shelter with 2 sinks, bench tops and power plugs for the convenience of charging a phone. It is not a kitchen, so please be prepared with all you need for a "kitchen".
- All the water is ready to drink.
- The wee office at the entrance is for information only..
The camp is dog friendly, as long as your dog is friendly. We reserve the right to refuse campers if their pet proves annoying to other campers or dangerous. Please respect other campers when traveling with your pet.
Our roaming manager does check for "Paid" notice year round. So please make sure you register and pay at Awastone to receive your paid slip.
- Non Powered
Adults $7.00 per night
Children $3.50 per night
- Powered Sites
Adults $9.00 per night
Children $4.50 per night